At times, everyone experiences difficult and transitional situations. BeFriender Ministry offers a caring companion to listen, empathize, and be a reminder of a loving and supportive faith community.
Contact Pastor Becky Lee if you would like to train as a BeFriender, or need a BeFriender in your current life situation.
A BeFriender is someone who listens with compassion, accepts people as they are, respects another’s spiritual journey, and embodies the caring presence of God. BeFrienders provide pastoral care for people in all kinds of difficult and transitional situations. They are trained volunteers who extend the care of a faith community. BeFrienders provide pastoral care through a listening presence for ….
- Cancer or chronic illness
- Families of deployed military
- Resident of a skilled nursing facility
- Post-partum depression
- Stress of being a caregiver
- Death of a loved one
- Getting married or divorced
- Blending families
- “Empty nest” syndrome
- Becoming a parent or parenting challenges
- Relationship issues
- Being a victim of random violence
- Being abused or abusing others
- Major life decisions
- Job loss or career change
- Financial worries
- Buying or losing a home
- Trauma or natural disaster
- Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia
- Any other need for pastoral care